社交礼仪(Courtesy)

      口语天地 2005-2-17 12:36
Greetings
见面寒喧
A: How are you?
你好吗?
B: Not bad. How about you?
还可以,你呢?
A: I am very well.Thank you!
托你的福,很好!

A: Nice to meet you!
很高兴见到你!
B: Nice to meet you,too!
我也很高兴见到你!

A: It has been a long time that we haven’t seen each other!
久违了,我们好长时间没见面了。
B: It really has been a long time.
真是久违了。

Introducing Friends
介绍友人
A: Shu-Yi, this is my friend Wang Shan from China.
Wang Shan, this is my sister, Shu-Yi.
淑宜,这是我的中国朋友王珊。王珊,这是我的妹妹淑宜。
B:Oh! I am so glad to meet you!
哦!真高兴见到你!
C: Me too,Wang Shan.
我也是,王珊。

A: Excuse me. This lady is…
对不起,请问这位女士是……
B: I’m really sorry. I should have introduced you to each other.
真抱歉,我应该早些帮您介绍才是。
B: Mr.Zhang Qiang. This is my colleague Ms.Chen Li.
张强先生,这位是我同事陈莉小姐。
C: I’m very pleased to meet you.
能碰到你,深感荣幸之至。
D: I’ve heard your name for a long time.
久仰您的大名。

Phone Call
电话用语
A: Hello.Is Li-Li Wang in now?
喂,请问王俐俐在吗?
B: I’m sorry,you have the wrong number.
对不起,你打错电话了。
A: Oh,I’m really sorry!
哦!真对不起。

A: Hello.Is this the Zhang Qiang residence?
喂!这是张强家吗?
B: Yes,this is Zhang Qiang speaking.
是的,我是张强。

A: Hello, this is Li Hong, I would like to speak to Wang Shan.
喂,我是李红,我想找王珊说话。
B: Sorry,Li Hong.She is not here. Do you have any message for her?
对不起,李红。她现在不在这里,你有什么话要转告吗?
A: I’ll call again in 20 minutes.
20分钟后我再重拨一次。

Birthday Party
生日聚会
A: Oh.It has been a long time.Welcom.
唉呀。好久不见,真欢迎你们来。
B: Happy Birthday! This gift is for you.
生日快乐!这是给你的礼物。
A:It’s very kind of you.May I open it now?
太谢谢你了。我可以现在打开吗?
A: Oh,It’s so beautiful.Just what I wanted.
哦。太漂亮了。正是我一直想要的东西。
A: Please feel free to help yourself.
请享受,别客气。
A: Please relax and enjoy yourself!
请别拘束,随便点。
A: Please come again.
请再来玩。

Wedding Feast
婚宴
A: Congratulations, I am the bride’s colleague. My name is Li hong.Nice to meet you!
恭喜恭喜,我是新娘的同事叫李红。请多指教。
B: Thank you very much.Please bring the red envelope over here.
非常谢谢您。红包请拿到这边登记。
A: It must be touht for you today.
你今天辛苦了。
B: Please sign your name.
请在这里签到。
A: You are the most beautiful bride.
你真是最美丽的新娘。
C: Thanks for your compliments.
谢谢你的称赞。
A: May lots of blessing be with you both.
祝你们永远幸福。
C: Thanks for attending our wedding feast.
谢谢你来参加我们的婚宴。

Thanks
道谢
A: Thank you very much for your help.
十分感谢你的帮忙。
B: It’s my pleasure to do something for you.

A: Thank you for helping me out.
承蒙您的关照。
B: It’s nothing.Don’t mention it.
小事一件,不足挂齿。

A: Thank you very much indeed.
诚挚地感谢你。
B: Not at all.
哪里,不要客气。

A: It’s very kind of you.
你怎么这么客气啊。
B: You are welcome.
别客气。

Apology
致歉
A: Ah.I’m sorry.
啊。对不起。
B: That’s ok.
没关系。

A: That’s my fault.
是我的错。
B: Don’t worry.
别担心。

A: I do apologize.
实在很抱歉。
B: Never mind.
别在意

A: I feel ashamed, and have nothing to say.
我感到很羞愧,无言以对。
B: Everybody makes mistakes.
每个人都会犯错。

Paying Bills
付账
A: I would like to pay my bill.
我要买单。
B: Ok.Please wait a moment.
是。请稍等。
B: The total is five hundred and twenty dollars.
总共520元。
A: Do you accept credit cards?
收信用卡吗?

A: Let’s go dutch.
请分开结账。
A: Let’s share the bill.
我们大家平均分摊。
A: Be my guest.
我请客。
A: Please keep the change.
零钱不用找了。
A: The receipt, please.’
请给我发票。

Saying Good-Bye
告辞
A: What a pity.I have to leave now.
真的感到遗憾,我不回去不行了。
B: It’s still early.Why not stay here longer?
还早呢。怎么不多坐一会儿呢?
A: No.I don’t want to bother you.
不了,已经打扰太久了。
B: Not at all.If you have time,please come again.
哪里的话,有空请再来玩。
A: Well, I need to say good-bye now.
那么,我就先告辞了。
B: Please take care.
请多保重。
A: Please send my regards to the others.
请向大家问好。
B: Good-bye.
我走了,再见。
A: Good-bye.
慢走。

Gratitude
感谢(朋友帮忙)
A: Oh,Thank you so much,Wang Ping.If you hadn’t helped me last week,I wouldn’t have finished the job on time.
喔,非常谢谢你,王平。上周要不是有你帮忙,我就无法按时完成工作了。
B: It’s nothing.We are good friends and colleagues,aren’t we?And you have often helped me.
没什么。我们是好朋友,又是好同事,不是吗?而且你也常帮我。
A: It was scuh a difficult project.Without you,I wouldn’t have completed it alone.So I have to say thank you, anyhow.
那项计划多么困难。没有你的话,我要根本无法独立完成。所以无论如何我还是要说声谢谢。
B: Glad I could help.If there’s anything else I can do next time,please let me know.
很高兴帮得上忙。如果下次还有什么我能阍宾请让我知道。
A: I will.And you too.
我会的。你也是。

Gratitude
感谢(朋友送礼)
A: Happy birthday,Wang Ping.This is for you.
生日快乐,王平。这是给你的。
B: Oh, thank you.You’re so nice to remember my birthday.What is it?
哦,谢谢。你真好,还记得我的生日。这是什么?
A: A gift from all of my family.Open it and see what it is.
我们全家人送你的礼物。打开看看。
B: Good gracious!You shouldn’t have spent so much money for me.You are really too nice.
天啊。你们不应该为我花这么多钱。你们真的太好了。
A: In fact, all of our family world like to express our gratitude for your help when we moved to the new house in June.
其实,你在6月份帮我搬到新家时,我们全家人就希望向你表达谢意。
B: Don’t mention it.Piece of cake.
哪儿的话。小事一桩罢了。
A: But it was very helpful.
但真的帮了很大的忙。

Gratitude
感谢(朋友关心)
A: What’s the matter,Wang Ping?You look down.
怎么了,王平?你怎么无精打采的。
B: Nothing.Only that I failed in an interview for a job.
没什么。只是没通过求职面试。
A: There are always two sides to everything.You can take it as an experience.
每件事都有两面。你可以将它当成一次经验。
B: Thank you.I fell better now.
谢谢,我现在觉得好多了。

Congratulations
恭贺(朋友得奖)
A: Hi,Wang Ping.I heard that you were Promoted to Managing Director of your company.
嗨,王平。听说你被提升为公司助理。
B: Yes,I was quite surprised,too.
是啊,我自己也很意外。
A: But it’s not at all unexpected. You always did such an outstanding job.Congratulations on your promotion.
一点也不意外。你的工作一直表现得很杰出。恭喜你高升。
B: Thank you very much.I hope I’m able to do better.
多谢了。希望我能做得更好。
A: You certainly will.
你会的。

Congratulations
恭贺(朋友结婚)
A: Congratulations on your marriage.I have waited for years to say this sentence.
恭喜你们结婚了。我等着说这句话已经有好多年了。
B: Thank you very much,and for coming today.
多谢,还要谢谢你今天来看我。
A: Where’re you going for the honeymoon?
你们要到哪里度蜜月?
B: We’re going ro Canada.
我们要去加拿大。
A: Bon voyage.
一路顺风。

Congratulations
恭贺(朋友得奖)
A: Congratulations,Wang Li. I read in the newspaper that you won the National Scientist Award this year.I knew you would.
恭喜你,王丽。我在报上看到你荣获今年的国家科学家奖。我就知道你会得奖的。
B: Oh,thank you,Wang Ping.You’re always a faithful supporter of my career.Indeed,I got a lot of help from my colleagues.I really want to share this honor with them.
哦,谢谢你,王平。你一直是我事业上的忠实支持者。其实我的同事也帮了很大的忙。我真想和他们一起分享这份荣耀。
Sympathy
慰问(朋友生病)
A: I’ve heard that you are ill.What’s the matter?
听说你生病了。怎么了?
B: This morning I felt tired and lackluster.
今天早上觉得很累,而且没有精神。
A: You’ve been studying so hard for the finals.You probably got sick.
你为了准备期末考试太用功了。可能生病了。
B: That’s right.I’ve hardly had a wink of sleep.
没错。我几乎彻夜未眠。
A: Take a rest.And you’ll be OK.Otherwise,you will have to see the doctor.
休息一下,就会好的。不然你就得去看医生了。
B: I know.Thank you for coming.
我晓得。谢谢你来。

Sympathy
慰问(朋友失恋)
A: I’ve heard that you and your girl friend have broken up.
听说你和女朋友分手了。
B: Yes,we had a big quarrel two weeks ago.She couldn’t stand me,and I couldn’t stand her,either.After that,we said good-bye to each other.And this week,I saw she was with a new boyfriend.
没错,我们在两个星期前大吵了一架。她受不了,我也受不了。之后,我们就和对方说再见了。而这星期我看到她和一个新朋友在一起。
A: If I were you,I would forget her and get over it soon.I’ve heard that she loses her temper easily,doesn’t she?
如果我是你的话,就会很快忘掉她,从失恋中恢复。我听说她很容易生气,是不是?
B: That’s right.So we quarreled a lot .But how can I forget her so soon?We were together for one year.
没错。所以我们经常吵架。但我怎么能这么快忘掉她呢?毕竟我们在一起也一年了。
A: There must be somebody suitable for you waiting for you somewhere.
一定还有适合你的人在某处等着你。
B: I hope you are right.
希望你说得对。

Sympathy
慰问(朋友工作不顺)
A: How’s it going these days?
最近几天怎么样?
B: I got a stern reprimanding from my boss,because I lost a major account.It was not on purpose.
被老板自骂了一顿,因为我丢了个大客户。我又不是故意的。
A: Certainly not.Nobody would lose a client on purpose.We all know you work very hard.But sometimes,it’s just unlucky.
当然不是。没有人会故意丢掉客户。我们都知道你工作得很努力。但有时候就是那么倒霉。
B: Thank you for saying that.I feel better now.

Sympathy
慰问(朋友亲人去世)
A: I was shocked to hear that your mother-in-law passed away last week.She was such a kink woman,and treated me as her own son.
听到你岳母上周过世,实在很震惊。她实在是个亲切的人,对我就像对自己的儿子一样。
B: Yea.My wife still cann’t accept it.She’s so sad that she has not returned to work jet.
是啊。我太太仍然无法接受这个事实。她难过得到现在还无法上班。
A: When will the funeral be?
葬礼什么时候举行?
B: Next Tuesday.
下星期二。
A: There’s never anything that can be said to make it better,but I hope that you’ll count on me for help if necessary.
现在说什么也没用,不过如果有需要,希望你尽管开口。
B: Thank you so much.
太谢谢你了。

At the Dental Clinic
牙医诊所
A: Could you check my teeth for me?
请你给我检查一下牙齿好吗?
B: Please open your mouth wide,let me have a look.
请张大嘴巴,让我看一下。
B: Which one is painful?
你感到哪一颗牙齿疼?
A: Here.
这儿。
B: You have a cravity.
这个牙齿被蛀了。
B: I will fill the cravity for you.


Asking Directions
问路
A: Excuse me.Could you show me how to get to the Imperial Palace?
对不起,能不能告诉我去故宫的路怎么走?
B: OK.You go south three blocks.On your right hand side,you will see a huge Chinese palance style building.That’s it.
可以。从这里向南走3条街区,在右边你会看到一座大型中国宫殿式建筑物,那就是。

A: I am lost.Is there a subway station around here?
我迷路了。这附近有地铁车站吗?
B: Yes.You go this way until you get to the next traffic light.The subway entrance is just over there.
是的。从这里穿过去,走到下一个交通灯处,地铁入口就在那里。

A: Excuse me.Do you know how to get to Dental Clinic?
对不起。到牙科诊所怎么走呢?
B: I’m sorry.I’m not familiar with this area.Please ask somebody else.
对不起。这附近我也不太熟悉,请你再问问别人吧。

A: Where can I find a public telephone?
请问哪里有公用电话?
B: Keep walking down this hallway,and in front of the escalator on right hand side,you will find it.
从这条走廊一直走过去,在电梯前面的右侧你就会找到。

标签集:TAGS:
回复Comments() 点击Count()

回复Comments

{commentauthor}
{commentauthor}
{commenttime}
{commentnum}
{commentcontent}
作者:
{commentrecontent}