日常生活(Daily life)

      口语天地 2005-2-17 12:34
At the Library
图书馆
A: Is there a city library around here?
请问这附近有市立图书馆吗?
B: Yes. It’s just next door to Central Station.
有,在中心车站的隔壁。
A: Is it open weekends and holidays?
B: Yes.It’s open all year round.
是的,整年都不休息。
A: Are foreigners also able to use this library?
外国人也可以使用这个图书馆吗?
B: Of course.You just show your I.D.to them, then you may go in.
当然可以,你只要人他们看你的身份证就可以进入。
A: If you got a library card, how many books are you allowed to borrow at one time?
若有借书证的话,一次最多可以借几本书?
B: You may borrow up to 10 books at one time.The time limit is three weeks.
一次最多可借出10本,期限3周。

At the Clinite
诊所
A: I’d like to see a doctor.
我要看病。
B: Did you make an appointment?
您有预约吗?
A: I didn’t make an appointment.It’s an emergency.Here is my insurane card!
我没有预约。挂的是急症,这是我的医保卡。
C: What’s wrong with?
你觉得哪儿不舒服?
A: I have a fever.I have a headche and diarrhea.
我在发烧,头很痛,还拉肚子。
C: Let me check your temperture and blood pressure.
我替你量量体温和血压。
C: Are you allergic to any kinds of medicine?
你对什么药物会过敏吗?
C: Please take this prescription to the drugstore and have them filled it for you

Doing Laundry
洗衣店
A: What can I do for you,Sir?
欢迎光临。洗衣服吗?
B: Could you clean this jacket for me?
请您为我洗这件夹克好吗?
A: Do you want it dry-cleaned?
需要干洗吗?
B: OK.Can you remove this stain?
好吧,这个污点洗得掉吗?
A: I’ll do my best.
我尽力试试看。
B: When will it be ready?And how much is it?
A: It should be ready around 3 p.m.The total is 25 dollars.Thank you!
大At the Barber shop
理发店
A: I didn’t make an appointment.Is that OK?
没有预约也可以吗?
B: That’s fine.But you problely need to wait about 15 minutes.
可以,不过你大概要等15分钟左右。
B: Thank you for your patience.How would you like your hair cut?
让您久等了。你要怎么剪头发?
A: I would like to have a wash and cut,but not too short,please,
请帮我洗头和剪发,不要剪太短。
B: Do you want to have a perm?
要不要烫发?
A: I’m too busy today,I don’t have enough time.
今天我很忙,没有时间。
约下At the Barber shop
理发店
A: I didn’t make an appointment.Is that OK?
没有预约也可以吗?
B: That’s fine.But you problely need to wait about 15 minutes.
可以,不过你大概要等15分钟左右。
B: Thank you for your patience.How would you like your hair cut?
让您久等了。你要怎么剪头发?
A: I would like to have a wash and cut,but not too short,please,
请帮我洗头和剪发,不要剪太短。
B: Do you want to have a perm?
要不要烫发?
A: I’m too busy today,I don’t have enough time.
今天我很忙,没有时间。
B: Does the water temperature suit you?
水温可以吗?
午3点可以好。总共25元,谢谢!
A: It’s a little bit too hot for me?
稍微烫了点。

At the photo Shop
照相馆
A: Please develop this film for me.
请你帮我冲洗这卷胶卷。
B: I’ll do it.
好的。
A: When do you think it will be ready?
大概什么时候会好?
B: In three hours you may come to collect your photos.
Here is your receipt.
你大约在3个小时后来取件。这是你的收据。
A: By the way,could you please give me two batteries this size?
另外,请你给我拿两节这个号的电池。

C: Welcome!May I help you,Sir?
欢迎光临,有什么需要服务的吗?
A: I come to pick kup my photos,this is the receipt.
我来取相片,这是我的收据。
C: Please wait a moment…Here they are!

At the Supermarket
超市购物
A: Excuse me.Young lady,we have free samples now.Do you want to try?
小姐,这里有品尝样品,你要不要尝尝看?
B: Well,not bad.May I know how much for one kilo?
嗯,还不错。一公斤卖多少钱?
A: One kilo for 35 dollars,and three kilos for just 100 dollars.
一公斤35元,3公斤只要100元。
B: 3 kilos please.
请给我3公斤。
C: What are you looking for?
请问您在找什么?
B: I can’t find the pet food.
我找不到宠物食品。
C: It’s at the end of this aisle.
在这条通道的尽头。
B: I would like to take that fish.Could you wrap it for me?
我要这条鱼,可否请你帮我处理一下?
B: Could you double bag it?
能帮我装两层袋子吗?
D: No problem!
没问题!
Apology
道歉
A: Ouch!
哎哟。
B: What’s the matter?
怎么了?
A: You stepped on my foot.
你踩到我的脚了。
B: Oh,I am sorry.Does it hurt?
啊,抱歉。痛不痛?
A: Of course.It hurts a lot.
当然。痛死了。
B: I am terribly sorry.
我真的很抱歉。

A: Have you brought the book you borrowed from me last time?
你上次跟我借的书带来了没有?
B: Oh,no.How stupid! I forgot it on my desk.Oh,sorry.
啊,没有。我怎么那么笨!忘在桌子上了。对不起。
A:Oh, It’s all right.
喔,没关系。
B: It’s only eight o’colck.Perhaps I should go home and fetch it.
现在才8点钟。或许我应该回家一趟把书拿来。
A: It’s quite all right.
真的没关系。




















Visiting Friends
拜访朋友
A: Good morning,Mrs.Zhang Qiang.Is Mr.Zhang Qing in?
早上好,张强太太。你先生在家吗?
B: Ah,Liu Chang,come in please.He has been waiting for you.
啊,刘畅,请进。他在等你呢。
C: Good Morning,Liu Chang.
早啊,刘畅。
A: Good Morning,Mr.Zhang Qiang.
早上好,张强先生。
B: What will you have to drink?
你想喝点什么?
A: Coffee,please.Black coffee.
咖啡好了。不加牛奶的咖啡。

A: Good evening,Miss Tang.May I introduce my brother,Chen Xin?
晚上好,唐小姐。我可以介绍我弟弟陈新吗?
B: How do you do,Mr.Chen.Miss Chen’s often mentined you.I am happy to know you.
幸会,陈先生。陈小姐时常提到你。很高兴认识你。
C: Nice to meet you,Miss Tang.
唐小姐,我也很高兴认识你。
C: I hope I’ll see a great deal of you from now on.
希望今后能多与你见面。
B: It’s my pleasure.
欢迎之至。
A: I have to go now.Chen Xin,would you stay here and chat with Miss Tang?
我得走了。陈新,你留下来和唐小姐聊天吗?
C: It would be a pleasure.

Borrowing
借车(借钱)
A: Hi,Chen Xin.Could you lend me one thousand dollars? I left my wallet at home.
嗨,陈新。可不可以借我1000元钱?我把包放家里了。
B: You always say that.Well,here you are.
你总是那么说。算了,拿去吧。
A: Thank you so much. I promise,it’s the last time.
太谢谢你 。我保证,这是最后一次。
B: As long as you remember to return the money,I don’t mind lending you money.But…
只要你不忘记还我钱,我才不会介意借你呢。但……
A: Come on.When didn’t I pay you back the money?
得啦。我几时没有还你钱啊?
B: I say that,just in case.
我只是以防万一而已。

A: Would you mind giving me a push?My car has stalled.
你不介意帮我推一推车吧?
我的车发动不起来。
B: Glad to.Let me stand on the right side.
我很乐意。让我站在右边。
B: OK.One-two-three.
好了。一、二、三。
A: It isn’t working.
还是不行。
B: Never mind.If you are in a hurry,why didn’t you use my car?
别管它了。如果你时间很紧,为什么不用我的车呢?
A: Oh,I’d be much obliged if you’d let me borrow your car for today.
哦,如果今天能借用你的车,真是感激不尽。
B: Don’t mention it.
这没什么。

Hitchhiking
搭便车
A: Good moning,Zhang Qiang.Where are you going?
早上好,张强。你要去哪儿?
B: I am going to the Municipal Stadium.
我要去市体育场。
A: Are you taking your car?
开车去吗?
B: Yes,why?
是啊,怎么了?
A: If you are driving your car,may I go with you? I am going to the hospital near the Stadium.
如果你要开车去,我可以跟你一起去吗?我想要去体育场旁边的医院。
B: Sure,why not?Let’s go.
当然好。走吧。

A: Hi,Wang Ping.Which road do you usually take to the office?
嗨,王平。你上班通常走哪条路?
B: A30,and then,I turn to HePing Road.
通常都走A30公路,然后转到和平路上。
A: Would you mind picking me up on your way to the office tomorrow?
明天上班途中让我搭你的便车你介意吗?
B: Of course not.Where are you living?And where should I stop to pick you up?
当然不介意。你现在住哪?我要在哪儿让你上车?
A: I’m living near the HePing Hospital.So if it’s convenient for you…
我住在和平医院附近。如果方便的话……
B: That’s all rightWhy don’t you wait for me in front of the Hospital at eight thirty?
没关系。你何不8点半在和平医院正门等我呢?
A: It’s very kind of you.
你真好。

No smoking
请勿吸烟
A: Excuse me.But this is a non-smokint area.
抱歉,这里是非吸烟区。
B: I’m sorry.
对不起。
A: If you’d like to smoke,you can go outside.
如果你想吸烟,可以到外面去。
B: How do I get outside?
怎么出去呢?
A: Go straight and turn right immediately after the secretary’s office,and then you will find your way.
一直走,过了秘书室后马上右转,你就会看到标志。
B: Thand you.Sorry for any inconvenience.
谢谢。很抱歉,给你造成不便。

A: Excuser me.Would you mind if I smoke?
抱歉。你介意我抽烟吗?
B: I don’t mind,but the ladies would appreciate it if you don’t smoke.
我不介意。但女士们希望你别抽烟。

Asking Favors
请求帮忙
A: Would you do me a favor?
可不可以帮我一个忙?
B: Sure,if I can.
当然,如果多能做的话。
A: I’m afraid it’s rather troublesome.
恐怕这是件有点让人讨厌的事情。
B: Well, I dno’t mind if I can be of help.
没关系,只要我能办到。
A: Good.How about going to the deli across the street and buying me some food?
那好。可否请你到对面的熟食店,帮我买些东西吃?
B: That’s nothing.
小事一桩。
A: And then post this letter in the post box,which you can find around the corner.
然后再帮我把这封信投到转角转角处的邮筒里。
B: All right.What else?
好。还有呢?
A: And then find a parking space for me .Here’s my car key.Right now it is double-parked in front of the building.
然后帮我找个停车位。这是我的车钥匙。车子现在正并排停在大楼前面。
B: Well.That’s more than I can do.I don’t know how to drive.
呃,这我可没办法。我不会开车。
A: Oh,really?Never mind.I’ll ask someone else to park the car.
真的吗?没关系,那我请别人帮我停好了。

Complaining
抱怨
A:Good morning,Moonlight Computer Company.May I help you?
早上好。这里是月光电脑公司。可以为你效劳吗?
B: I ordered a computer and paid for it last week.But it hasn’t been delivered so far.What’s the matter?
我上周订了一台电脑,而且还付了款。但是现在都送来。到底怎么回来?
A: I’m sorry.Can I have your order number?
对不起。请问你的订单号是多少?
B: Which number should I give you?
我应该告诉你哪个号码?
A: The number on the upper right side of your receipt.
收据右上角的那个号码。
B: Got it.It’s 00315号。
找到了。是00315号。
A: Hold on for a minuter,please.Let me check for you.
请等一等。让我查查看。
B: Sorry,miss.The model you ordered has been out of stock for two weeks.The factory should have delivered more to us yesterday,but it didn’t.I don’t know what’s happened…
小姐,很抱歉。你所订的型号已经缺货两周了。本来工厂应该昨天就把货送来,但去没送来。不晓得怎么回事……
A: It’s none of my business,but I think your salesman should have informed me of the delay.
那不关我的事,可是我觉得你们的业务员应该通知我啊。
B: I’m terribly sorry.Could you leave your telephone number so I can call you after I check the situation with the shipping department?
真的很抱歉。你可否留下电话号码,等我跟发货部弄清楚情况,再打电话给你。
A: All right,2773-6566.
好吧,电话是2773-6566.
B: OK.Miss.I’ll call you later.
好的,小姐。我等会打给你。

At the Post Office
A: Could you help me,please?
可以帮我个忙吗?
B: Sure,if I can.
当然,如果帮得上忙的话。
A: I want to send this small parcel to Canada.
我想把这个小包裹寄到加拿大。
B: By animal or seamail?
空邮还是海邮?
A: How different are the rates?
邮资有什么差别?
B: Your parcel weights 420 grams.So it’s 21.3 dollars by air,or 6.9 dollors by sea.
你有包裹重420克。所以若是空邮要21.3元,海邮要6.9元。
A: How long will it take by sea?
海邮要多久?
B: About one month.
大概1个月。
A: Then,by sea,please.
那就寄海邮吧。
B: Please fill out this form,and then take your parcel to the counter on my left-hand side.
请填好这张单子,然后把包裹拿到我左侧的柜台上。
A: All right.Thank you very much.
好的。非常谢谢。
B: Not at all.
不客气。


At the Bank
银行存款
A: Good morning.How can I help you?
早安。有什么要帮忙的?
B: I’d like to open a savings account.What kinds of accounts do you have?
我想开个存款户。你们有哪儿种账户?
A: We have general current accounts,and special current accounts.
有一般活期存款和特别活期存款。
B: What’s a special current accounts?
特别活期存款是什么?
A: With a special current account one has to have least 20 thousand dollars in the account at any time.But the interest rate is highter than that of a general current account.While with the general current account there’s no minimum balance.
特别活期存款的账户必须随时保持2万元以上。但它的利息比一般活期存款账户高。而一般活期存款没有最低金额限制。
B: Can I draw the money from a special current account at any time?
特别活期存款账户里的钱可以随时提取吗?
A: Sure,as long as there’re more than 20 thousand dollars in that account.
当然可以,只要账户里有2万元以上就行了。
B: What if there’s less than 20 thousand dollars?
如果少于2万元呢?
A: The rating system will automatically change to the one for a general current account.
那么利息计算系统会自动变成一般活期存款的利息。
B: Well,I don’t have so much money on hand.A general current seems like just the thing for me.
呃,我目前手头没那么多钱。一般活期存款账户比较适合我。
A: Please fill out this form,and sign it;then return this form to the person at counter number 4.
请填好这张单子,签上名;然后交给4号柜台的工作人员。
B: Thank you very much.You are very helpful.
多谢。你真的很帮忙。
A: You’re welcome.
别客气。

The Rapid Transit System
快运路线
A: I’d like to take my son to the Zoo tomorrow.How long will it take to go there by taxi?’
我明天想带儿子到动物园去。坐出租车得花多长时间?
B: It depends on traffic.But why don’t you use the Rapid Transit System?That’d be much cheaper and faster.
那要看交通状况。你为什么不搭快运路线去呢?那要便宜得多,也比较快。
A: Oh,I haven’t been to this city for years.Has the construction of the Rapid Transit System been completed?
哦,我很多年没来这个城市了。快运路线已经完工了吗?
B: There’re three lines that have been completed-the Brown Line,the Red Line and the Orange Line.You can take the Brown Line.Its main terminal is the Zoo.
有3条路线已经完工了——棕色路线、红色路线和橘色路线。你可以乘棕色路线。它的终点站就是动物园。
A: Are the trains safe and comfortable?
轻轨车安全舒适吗?
B: Well.I should say so,though the trains seem to swing unsteadily sometimes when they go very fast.
呃,可以这么说,不毂车行驶得很快时车身有时好像有点摇摆。
A: Are they the same underground kinds like those in Beijing?
和北京一样都是地下行驶吗?
B: No,the railway tracks of the Brown Line are all elevated.So the passengers will see the scenery of the City.
不,棕色路线的铁轨都是高架的。所以乘客能浏览市区风光。
A: Ah,they’re something like “City Tour Trains”,aren’t they?
啊,那就有有点像城市观光列车吧。
B: Um,sor of.
嗯,类似那样。
A: Perhaps my son and I will enjoy a panoramic sight-seeing tour first,and then we will go to the Zoo.
或许我儿子和我可以先享受一段观光之旅,再去动物园。
B: Yea,that’d be lovely.
对啊,那一定很棒。

Seeing the Doctor
A: You don’t look well.Are you ill?
你看起来脸色不好。生病了吗?
B: Yes,a bit under the weather.
是啊,有点不舒服。
A: You have to see your doctor.
你得去看医生。
B: I went to the doctor last night and got a prescription,which relieved my cold somewhat.
我昨晚已经去看过了,还拿了药,感冒减轻了些。
A: What did the doctor say?
医生怎么说?
B: He said I had caught a bad cold and had to stay at home for several days.
他说我患了重感冒,必须休息几天。

A: What’s the matter with you,Mr.Wang?
你哪里不舒服,王先生?
B: Well,I have a sore throat and a cought.And it’s hard for me to breathe through my nose.
呃,我喉咙痛,还咳嗽。而且鼻塞使我呼吸困难。
A: Do you have a headache?
头痛不痛?
B: Yes,my head pounds.And I had a fever yesterday.
也很痛。昨天还发烧。
A: How is your appetite?
胃口怎么样?
B: Very bad.I do not want to eat anything,even my favorite chocolate pie. Will you give me a shot?
很差。根本不想吃任何东西,即使我最喜欢的巧克力派也不想吃。要不要打针?
A: No,no.But here is your prescription.You need to take some pills.I think you’d better stay at home for a couple of days,and go on a light diet.Remember to take the pill four times a day.If you don’t feel better after three days,come back and see me again.
不,不用。不过必须吃点药,这是处方。我想你最好在家休息几天,吃得清淡一点。要记住每天吃4次药。如果3天后病情还不见好转,请再来。
B: Thank you,doctor.
谢谢你,医生。

Family and Work
家庭及工作
A: Hi,Zhand Qiang.Haven’t seen you for years.How’s it going?
嗨,张强。好几年不见了。过得怎么样?
B: Fine,thanks,and you?Have you and Chen Li married?
很好,谢谢。你呢?你和陈莉结婚了吗?
A: I’m fine.Chen Li and I have been married for four years.We’ve got a little boy.
我很好,陈莉和我已经结婚4年了。我们已经有了一个儿子。
B: Oh,lovely.Are you still working at the same company?
哦,真好。你还在同一家公司上班吗?
A: No,I have my own consulting company now.
没有,我现在有自己的顾问公司。
B: Oh,great.What kind of consulting company?
哦,好棒。什么样的顾问公司?
A: Accounting and management consulting.
做会计和管理顾问的。
B: How many employees do you have?Are you busy?
你有多少员工?忙不忙?
A: Five people,including myself.I usually work over fourteen hours a day.Chen Li always asks me to come home earlier,and not to be so tired.I know she is concerned about my health.I had gastriculcer last year.She was frightened.
有5个人,包括我自己。我每天工作通常都超过14个小时。陈莉总叫我早点回家,而且让我不要太累。我知道她是关心我的健康。我去年得了胃溃疡。她吓坏了。
B: Take care.Is Chen Li still working?
保重啊。陈莉还工作吗?
A: Yes,she works at the townhouse in the morning,and takes care of our son at home in the afternoon.We send him to the nusery school in the morning.He is very cute.
是的,她早上到市政厅工作,下午则在家里带儿子。早上我们把他送到托儿所去。他很讨人喜欢。



Exercise
谈论运动
A: Do you exercise?
你有锻炼的习惯吗?
B: Not really.
没有。
A: Lack of exercise results in unhealthy people.
缺乏运动让现代人健康不佳。
B: I have no other choice.The apartment where I am living is too small to do exercise.
我没有别的选择啊。我住的公寓太小,没办法做运动。
A: No excuse!You can do some calisthenic exercises every night before you sleep.
别找借口了。每天晚上睡觉前,你可以做些健身操啊。
B:Yes,I know.But I am so tied after work that I fall asleep immediately when I hit the bed.Besides,I prefer outdoor activities.
对,我知道。但下班后实在太累,我一碰到床就睡着了。况且我比较喜欢户外运动项目。
A: Such as?
比如呢?
B: For example,basketball and basketball.But my problem is I am often unable to find enough people to organize a baseball team.And you know,one-man basketball is quite boring.
比如,棒球和篮球。但问题是我时常找不到足够的人组织个校友棒球队。还有你知道,一个人打篮球也实在无聊。
A: How about ping-pong?
乒乓球怎么样?
B: Table tennic? I have tried.But it seems not for me.The balls fall off the table quite easily.I have no confidence.
桌球吗?我也试过。但好像不适合我。球很容易掉到桌外。我没有信心。
A: Come on.You are not participating in the World Cup.Lets play ping-pong.There is a private table tennis club near our office.Can you spare some time,say,once a week,and we’ll go there together?As long as you keep practing,you will improve.
得了吧。你又不是去参加世界杯。让我们打乒乓球吧。我们办公室附近有一家私人的桌球俱乐部。你可以抽点时间,比方说一星期一天,让我们一起去好吗?只要你一直练习,技术就会有长进。
B: Oh,Yea?
喔,是吗?

Hobbies
谈论嗜好
A: Hi,how do you spend the weekends usually?Do you have any special hobbies?I’d like some suggestions on how to spend my free time.
嗨,你通常都怎么过周末?有什么特殊嗜好吗?给我提一些建议,该如何打发闲暇时间。
B: Well,it depends on the person.But as for me,if I do not go out,I usually spend my time working on puzzles.
呃,那要看人。对我来说,如果不外出,通常都在玩拼图。
A: Puzzles?How unique they are.You must have a very godd memory to solve puzzles.
拼图?真特别。你得有很好的记忆才能玩拼图。
B: Perhaps.But patience is more important.
或许吧。但耐心更重要。
A: I’m not patient enough to sit in front of the desk for a whole morning or everning,just to solve a puzzle.
要我整个早上或晚上都坐在桌前拼好一幅拼图,实在没那个耐心。
B: Then,you could try some small ones.
那你可以试试较小的拼图。
A: You know,I have recently joined a club for model cars. I have dreamed of getting to know people with the same hobby as mine.’
你知道,我最近加入了一个汽车模型俱乐部。其实我以前就希望认识一些和我有桢嗜好的人。
B: Building model cars?Isn’t that for school boys?
做模型洫?那不是学校小孩子的玩意儿吗?
A: No,you can’t imagine how many adults indulge themselves in model cars.They not only make model cars,but install mechanical devices and batteries,and use a remote control to control the car.
才不呢,你想不到有多少大人都执迷汽车模型。他们不只是做模型汽车,还要装上机械装置和电池,用摇控器操控汽车呢。
B: Sounds exciting.Where do you try out your cars?
听起来很刺激。你们在哪里试车?
A: In the park.Many people who take a walk in the park watch us.But some older couples feel we are too noisy.Ha! I’ve felt younger since I joined this club.
公园里。许多在公园散步的人都看着我们。但有年纪大点的嫌我们太吵。哈!自从加入这个俱乐部后,我感觉年轻多了。


标签集:TAGS:
回复Comments() 点击Count()

回复Comments

{commentauthor}
{commentauthor}
{commenttime}
{commentnum}
{commentcontent}
作者:
{commentrecontent}