学校教育(Edecation)

      口语天地 2005-2-17 12:23
Taking Courses
选课程
A: What’s the matter?You look puzzled.
怎么了?你看起来有些困惑。
B: There are so many courses on this form.I don’t know which one to take.
这张表上有那么多门课。我不知道该选什么。
A: What’s the usual course load?
通常要修几门课?
B: About four of five courses.And between twelve to twenty hours of class per week.
大概四五门课。每星期12—20个课时。
A: It’s good idea to see your advisor before you make any decisions,to see whether your schedule is manageable.
你做任何决定之前,最好先见见你的指导老师,看看你选的课程能不能应付。
B: Oh,you reminded me.
喔,提醒了我。

A: Hi,Wang Ling.Which courses are you taking this semester?
嗨,王玲。这学期你修什么课?
B: I am taking Management Accounting,International Finance,Information System Management,and Macroeconomics.How about you?
管理会计、国际金融、信息系统和宏观经济学。你呢?
A: Nearly the same,except one more: Mutual Funds.
几乎一样,不过比你多一门:公共基金。
B: I haven’t got the time.I need to work sometimes.
我没有时间。我有时还要去工作。
A: Isn’t it hard to study and work at the same time?
一面念书一面工作不是很辛苦吗?
B: I’m not as lucky as you are.You’ve got a scholarship to cover your expenses.But I haven’t.
我不像你那么幸运。你有奖学金帮你付学校费用。可我没有。
A: But you’ve got work experience even before you graduate.That’s precious for a student majoring in business administration.
但你在毕业前就已经有工作经验了。这对主修商业管理的学生来说,实在很宝贵。
B: That’s quite right.

At the Library
图书馆借书
A: Excuse me.I would like to find a book.How can I start?
抱歉。我想找一本书。要怎么开始?
B: The computer on that desk has a database with a record of all the books in this library,and the shelves they are on.You just follow the directions on the screen,and key in the information about the book you’d like to find.
那张桌子上的电脑有资料库,记录有这座图书馆里的所有图书,以及所放置的书架。只要照着屏幕上的提示,键入你想找的书的资料就可以了。
A: I’m not sure of the correct name of the book,but only the author and the publisher.
那本书的正确名称,我不太确定,只知道作者和出版者。
B: It doesn’t matter.The computer program is what they call the intellectual type.As long as you know some key words of the related books,the program will search for all the related books for you.In addition,you can search by author,too.
没关系。那台电脑程序是所谓的智慧型程序。只要知道书名的几个关键字,等距离会帮你找到所有相关的书。此外,也可以按作者搜寻。
A: I’ll try it by myself first.Thank you.
我先自己试试。谢谢你。

A: Excuse me,the book I’m looking for is not on shelf as the computer indicates.
抱歉,我要找的书并不在电脑所那个书架上。
B: It must be on loan to someone.Would you like to reserve that book?
一定是借出去了。你要预约那本书吗?
A: Yes.How can I reserve it?
是的。要怎么预约?
B: If you fill out this form,we’ll call the person who borrowed the book.We’ll ask him or her to return the book within three to five days,and then we’ll call you to come and pick it up.But of cours,that person could reserve it again,and so,you can only borrow it for three to five days.
如果你填写这张表,我们会打电话给借书者。请他在3—5天内把书还回来,然后再打电话请你来拿。当然了,那位借书者还可以再预约,所以你就只能借3—5天。
A: I see.I need it as reference for one of my course.So I have to reserve it,anyway.Here is the form.
我懂了。我需要借它做参考书。所以无论如何都必须预约。表格填好了。
B: We’ll call you soon.
我们很快会打电话给你。


Turning in the report
提交报告
A: I’m working hard on my term paper.So please do not bother me tonight.
我正在努力写期末报告。所以今晚不要烦我。
B: Which paper?And how many pages or words does it have to be?
什么报告?要写多少页或多少字。
A: At least 20 pages or 4000 words on Basic Biology.
至少20页或4000字的基础生物学报告。
B: So that’s the reason you didn’t go to the movie with me last weeks?
那就是你上星期不和我去看电影的原因吧?
A: Yes.Because I have to turn it in before Wednesday.
对。因为我必须在星期三之前交报告。
B: Otherwise?
否则呢?
A: Otherwise, I can’t pass this course.
否则就通不过这门课。
B: You must have done a lot of research on your topic,haven’t you?
你对你的课题一定做过很多研究吧?
A: Of course.We have to discuss the topic we’d like to do with the professor,and then start doing the research,both in the library and in the lab.
当然。必须先和教授讨论我们要做的课题,然后开始做研究,包括到图书馆找书和到实验室做实验。
B: Why don’t you have an exam instead of the report?
为什么不用考试代替报告呢?
A: Yes,we’ll also have a final exam two weeks from now.A term paper is also necessary.After all,this course is a prereguisite for all the other courses we are going to study in the future.
也有考试,两个星期后有一次期末考试。但还是需要交报告。毕竟这门课是我们以后要读的各门课的基础啊。

Work Study
打工
A: This semester,I have the good fortune to work in our department office.
这学期我获得一个在系办公室工作的好机会。
B: That’s what is call Work Study,isn’t it?
那就是所谓的半工半读吧?
A: Right.
对。
B: Will it occupy much of your time?
会不会占用你很多时间?
A: No,Since it is a job in the department office,all the teachers and other administrators are qutite considerate of me.They all know I need to study,too.
不会。因为是系办的工作,老师和其他行政人员对我都非常关照。他们全都知道我需要念书。
B: What do you do there?
你在那里做什么?
A: It’s quite easy: I change the announcement on the bulletin board,for example;I act as a support for the lower classes lab courses,and I answer the phone.
很简单:比如,换布告栏里的公告;协助人低年级做实验课,以入听电话。
B: Do you think it’s helpful for your studies?
你觉得,对你的学习有帮助吗?
A: Yes,of course.At least it’s a paid-job.In addition,I’ve learn how to deal with trouble makers.
当然。至少可以挣点钱。此外,我还学到了怎么处理麻烦制造者。
B: Is it boring?
很无聊吗?
A: No,not at all.It’s not only paper work.And acting as a support for lab course helps me to review the course I studied two years ago.
一点也不。因为不只是做文字工作。而且,协助低年级做实验课还能帮我复习两年所学过的东西。
B: You’ve been given a really good opportunity.
你得到一个真正的好机会。

The Exam
考试
A: We’ll have an exam on World History next Monday.
我们下星期一要考世界历史。
B: Will you be tested from Genesis on?
从创世纪开始考起吗?
A: No,you must be kidding.Who knows how it all begins?But the exam will inculde
Greek and Roman Times,the Middle Age,the Renaissance,through the Modern Age.
不,你一定是开玩笑。谁知道世界是怎么起源的?不过考试内容包括希腊和罗马时代、中世纪、文艺复兴时代以及现代。
B: Since it covers such a long time,you must have a lot to remember.You should study hard.
历史那么悠久,你一定得记很多东西。你应该努力用功。
A: Sure.I hope that exam will be multiple choice only.Not questions and answers.当然。我希望只考多项选择题。不要考问答题。
B: Although that would be easier for the teacher to correct,it would be difficult to know whether you really understand the subject thoroughtly.
虽然那样老师改趣卷比较容易,但很难测试你们是否真的透彻理解了那个科目。

A: Would you close your books?The exam is beginning.Please remember to writ down your name and school number.If the name or the school number is missing,the score will not be recorded.
请把书本合一。考试开始了。不要忘记写名字和学号。如果没写名字或学号,就无法登记成绩。
B: How long do we have?
要考多长时间?
A: 90 minutes.If you finish the paper earlier,you can leave the room.But you have to stay in the room for at least 30 minutes.
90分钟。你们早一点写完,就可以离开教室。不过至少要30分钟以后才能离开。
B: Excuse me.My paper is not well-copied.I can’t read several questions.
抱歉。我的考卷印得不好。有几道看不清楚。
A: Let me give you another paper.Here you are.
我帮你换一张。这张给你。
B: Thank you.
谢谢。
标签集:TAGS:
回复Comments() 点击Count()

回复Comments

{commentauthor}
{commentauthor}
{commenttime}
{commentnum}
{commentcontent}
作者:
{commentrecontent}